Smokey

Smokey
Smokey's favorite spot

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Salinas Puerto Rico

We go an early start leaving Vieques heading towards Salinas - this was going to be one of the first stop of a place we have never been! Living in the Caribbean for the past 8 years gave us lot of opportunities to explore the islands. We would have to return after a week or 10 days for work but we enjoyed every chance we got to get out and experience different places! Now we where onto new places!! Wheeee!!
The sail over was very calm and relaxing - I love my Kindle!! I have been plowing through books. The seas and winds have been so calm that (thankfully) there is not a whole lot to do once we get underway - but relax and read. Even the furry crew members are relaxin!

Lil' Charlie on his Thrown!
 We pulled into Salinas around 14:00. You can tell this was a boatie community. Lots of live aboards. Dave and I set out to explore the lil harbor filled with boats and the marina (which we kinda knew would have a place to get a beverage). It did not take long to meet friendly boaters and find a bar with a great happy hour. $1.25 Medallas! Dave was in beer heaven! after we swapped out some DVD's with a local we headed back to Cat's Eye to get some rest. Tomorrow we are heading to Ponce, Puerto Rico. This is where we will clear out of the U.S! Yea!! We are getting there. Pretty soon we will be crossing the Mona Passage over to the DR!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon just got a Kindle two weeks ago, she loves it too. The problem now is every day I hear "I want to buy another book" She can read a book a day. I think the Kindle itself was the cheapest part of this equation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been burning throught books too! I love the kindle because I can buy the books but do not have to worry about wasting space on the boat. Another GREAT thing about the kindle is you can check email on it. When Dave and I where in the BVI's and could not get internet service I was able to use the Whispernet on the Kindle to check email and even Facebook. It is not as fast as the computer but when you have nothing time it is fine!

    ReplyDelete